Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Why Jesus Deserves a Star On the Walk of Fame

I've been a Catholic my entire life and I still find it fascinating that we call it "Good" Friday. I mean as a kid in school it was "good" to have a day off, but nothing else about the day felt so happy.
In the last couple of weeks I have engaged in countless conversations about inspiration, hope, and finding a purpose in life. I thought this was the perfect time to relate some lessons I have learned in the Hollywood school of hard knocks.
I think the "good" in the day comes from what the day represents for Christians, what Jesus represents to many, and the one thing we all need no matter what we believe: HOPE.
Life can be very tumultuous at times. I believe that through pain we find hope. The example of the pain of others, connecting with our own struggle is where hope resides. This is the promise that things will get better, lessons will be learned, and life will go on.  
To make it in this world, (especially to make it in Hollywood!), it's important to have inspiration. Inspiration equates to unconditional love and encouragement. I'm personally really blessed to have people who give me hope in times of trouble and who inspire me to be an all around good human being.
Faith in Jesus is just one way in this chaotic world that we can be inspired and given hope.          
Kanye West said it best:
 “I ain't here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way I need Jesus”

Although this Easter holiday is celebrated by Christians, it's an important reminder to all of us, no matter what we believe, that we all need hope to keep on keeping on. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment