Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Kerri Edelman- Not Your Average Rockstar!

Kerri Edelman of New Jersey, clearly has a passion for music and for life. She is full time rock star, full time clinical psychologist. I asked Kerri what drove her to release an independent album. She said, "I frequently found myself frustrated when others did not have the same drive or aspirations as myself.  Since I have always been someone who is an analytical thinker and engages in problem-solving when a situation is not working out, I decided to go down a different road to become a modern rock solo artist."
Kerri's road is definitely one that is less traveled. That's one of the prime things that sets her apart from other artists in the business. 
It's always intriguing to discover what lies behind the music. I asked Kerri what inspires her songwriting. Kerri says, "My music is primarily inspired by personal experiences I have encountered over the years.  They can be anything I have come across during my life including experiences in the music industry, relationships with others as well as topics that have meaning to me. " She wants her music not only to mean something to her but to her listeners. Edelman says, "Something I keep in mind when writing my songs are to write in ways that allow the songs to remain open to interpretation..." To me there is nothing better than music that can heal a broken heart, or touch the soul. It's artists like Kerri Edelman that continue to inspire others. 

My burning question for Kerri was the connection between working in a prison and music. She related to me that "This is an interesting and unique question as I have not been asked this one before.  I cannot say that music comes into play in my role at the prison, but it is ironic that I can make a comparison between the music industry and my career as a Clinical Psychologist working in a prison.  Both the music industry and working in prison are extremely challenging and difficult careers to pursue, which require you to become confident and assertive in order to (no pun intended) ‘survive’ and thrive in these environments." Check out "Leave It All Behind," the deep meaningful lyrics are pleasing to the ears.    






For more information on Kerri Edelman, please visit www.myspace.com/kerriedelman
 Become a fan on Facebook and follow her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kerriedelman
Her debut album ‘Leave It All Behind’ is currently available on iTunes, Amazon Music, CD Baby, Rhapsody, Napster, www.kerriedelman.com and other digital distribution sites.
Kerri's album is rockin'. The title track, "Leave it all Behind," really speaks to me because it's a song about letting go and moving on. The track "Vanilla Skies," also brings out a lot of energy and feeling. I love this album and think you'll love it too when you check it out!  


No comments:

Post a Comment