Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam

I'll admit that I would have watched Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam, even if I didn't have writing for this site as an excuse to sit in on a Friday night. Two years ago, I was watching MTV and saw an ad for a Disney movie entitled, Camp Rock. I heard ads for Camp Rock on the radio, and saw them on the internet. I knew I had to check it out. It became so popular Disney made a sequel!
Camp Rock 2 grapples with the sometimes  fine line between super- stardom and passion for music. Disney didn't ruin a good thing with this sequel. The Jonas Brothers had me laughing and pleasantly surprised. Their roles were much improved compared to Camp Rock. Demi was solid, and had me engaged in the story. Meaghan Martin, who was recently cast as the lead role in Mean Girls 2, was as conniving as can be, preparing us for her upcoming role.
The writers definitely nailed this story. Nick Jonas' character, Nate, will have you "awing" with his cute tunes. Shane and Mitchie will have you praying for a Jemi reunion.  As so many Disney movies do, Camp Rock 2 appeals to all ages. The music is even better than the first. Wouldn't Change a Thing" was a sweet duet between Joe Jonas and Ms. Lovato. There's a variety of tracks from the likes of rock to hip-hop. Camp Rock 2 encompasses more personality than the first, and it's definitely worth checking out. I thought it was really appropriate for this site, since the take home message is that being a big star should not be the main priority- "making it" is about having talent, passion, and commitment. One final word of wisdom from the film, "if you want to be a lead singer you need tighter pants and a tambourine." Let me know your thoughts on Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam!

1 comment:

  1. Camp Rock 2 isn't good as Camp Rock. BUT, it rocked my world. Hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete