Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Raise Your Ears!

P!nk's Raise Your Glass is an insanely catchy song, with a great message. But every time I hear it, it makes me cry. That's the power of music. 
A few months after the song was released I was driving around Hollywood and the song came on the radio. I heard the lyrics:

 "...So raise your glass if you are wrong 
In all the right ways, all my underdogs 
We will never be (never be)anything but loud 
And nitty gritty dirty little freaks 
Won't you come on (come on) and raise your glass 

Just come on and come on and raise your glass..."
And my eyes welled up. I felt so empowered. No matter who you are or where you have been we have all felt like the underdog at some point in our lives. The song is so powerful to me because it's upbeat. For me it reminded me of where I had been and where I was going. We all need a song that pumps us up and give us strength through certain points in our lives. As I work on one of the biggest projects I've ever tackled, I wake up to that song every morning to remind myself of how far I have come. 

What's your song?  

No comments:

Post a Comment